Grey amplifier Imports from Japan?

I have a feeling this has been discussed before, but I can't find the thread. I am leaning towards a Luxman or Accuphase SS, class A/B integrated. Something like the Luxman 507.

Looking online, the savings importing from Japan against buying locally, are enormous. There are clearly, real risks,, the loss of warranty support, having to use a transformer to change the voltage, which must have the potential to degrade the sound.. Against that, brands have a reputation for reliability.

If anyone has bought from one of the Japaneses sites, can they decribe their experience? Thanks
david12
Sure, that would be ok too. Definitely don't be in a rush, that's one way to get burned.
David12,

I have heard both Luxman & Accuphase products and would be proud to own either brand. Both brands are built to last and if bought used should provide years of trouble free service. I had the Accuphase 560E class A intrgrated in my system for a trail and it was the best integrated I have ever heard. I didn't buy it because I am not quite ready to give up my tube seperates. BTW if your speakers have a easy load look at the class A offerings.
Accuphase and Luxman also McIntosh are worlds top amps because parts are custom made in Japan to last for ever.
I am sure a person in Japan buys a McIntosh from USA they will call it Grey market buyer because price is lot lower in USA. Dave _72 I purchased all my Luxman from a Authorized mega super store in Japan. Audio cubes is a agency that buys Accuphase and Luxman etc from these Japan stores and resell these amps.
Hi Renjy651,

Did you buy in Japan, or did you buy it over the internet? And is Audio Cubes reputable?

Thanks.
Hi,Dave_72

I purchased my First Luxman L-505U in 12/2006 from Audio Cubes. There was no USA distributor at that time. I wanted to buy Accuphase but the price was even higher. I sold that unit on Audiogon.
I was so impressed with Luxman i purchased two more Luxman both 507u. My brother wanted the 507U,Also CEC Class A amp from This mega store called Japanaudio that carries worlds top amps Like Accuphase/Luxman/McIntosh/Leben/CEC etc. Price was lot lower than Audio Cubes. Most of these amps i sold it on Audiogon.

Thanks