What amps do Electrical Engineers own...why?

Not being an engineer, I would like to know what the electrical engineers in the crowd own for amps and what engineering features made them choose that amp? As a lay person, I don't know enough to be able to differentiate good engineering from good marketing.
schw06
Gfc...,

No, on the contrary, there are very significant differences. When I was auditioning electronics, I rejected a CJ system that sounded brittle to my ears. I found this rather surprising given the supposed euphonic distortions produced by tube equipment.
Atmasphere,
Are you suggesting these EEs with bad sounding amplifiers can`t 'hear' that they`re bad or that they don`t care as long as the specs are good?How can anyone buy audio components(presumably to enjoy music) and not judge them based on how they sound? Or is what`s horrid to you may be good sound to them?

Honestly Charles1dad, it does indeed seem to me that many engineers do buy and listen on specs (although there are plenty of people who do that, not just engineers). I regard this as an example of how humans can run their lives around a made up story, in this case the story being 'this is what good sound must be like because this equipment has good specs'.

I think there is an education thing going on; that is to say that many people just never sort out how good things can really sound.

'Horrid' to me is usually 'bright' the kind of bright and harsh that forces me to leave the room to avoid a headache. IMO/IME, a stereo should not cause physical pain, but you know, to each his own :)
Gfcf, EE's are a diverse lot, just like the general population. As can be seen in many of the responses that have been posted in this thread, the answer to your question is clearly no.

However, it would probably be fair to say that the EE's at A'gon tend to be, on average, somewhat more likely than others to challenge what they perceive to be hype and misinformation, which the field of audio is certainly not without its share of.

Regards,
-- Al
I have an EE doctorate. I own BAT VK-120s, which I have modified extensively. I am currently building a preamp based on the Vacuum State RTP-3D (judicious modifications).
Shouldn't we be influenced more by engineers, than by 'audiophiles' when it comes to electronics? That's the trouble with getting away from science. Then EVERYONE's opinion is equally valid. In the world of magic and mysticism, anything is possible. Effect without cause. I would like for someone to name ONE Amp with horrible specs, that sounds good.