Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I bought this unit from Mick in 2009. Within a year the tubes on my left side failed. I replaced all of them with similar tubes and yet again it failed. After emailing Mick, he asked me to measure some voltage in the socket pin and it was off by about 1V.

Mick was helpful to provide the correct value for the resistor and my friend soldered it for me. and I was a happy customer till last month.

Now, there is some crackling noise on the right side. mick mentioned that the pots could be dirty and need to be cleaned by rotating. The problem with this is I couldn't find any pots in the preamp. After sending the photographs of the circuit to Mick he told me that it was the previous model without pots. The only option available to me is to send to a technician and asked for circuit diagram which he said he would send me.

Unfortunately, he didn't send nor responding to my email. What should I do? Anyone here with Chardonnay schematics? The only part looks damaged is the big white colour caps? If they are caps can someone suggest a replacement?

Thank you.
Good news! Mick contacted me yesterday and hope I could get it sorted out soon.
Just to note, I'm putting up my Syrah for sale in the next few days if anyone is interested in it. It's still a gem of a full-function pre. I moved to Doshi linestage & Thor phono.
I must "second" the opinion of 02-25-08: Amandarae in his response to Steve's question of what he thinks of the Orion's.

Without question... the best speakers I've had, or heard, are the Linkwitz Orion's and Linkwitz LX521's.

They "have it all" at a bargain price... nothing really sounds better!
Hi folks, 
I am a new owner of a Supratek Chardonnay and i LOVE it, it is incredible! This unit has upgraded Jupiter flat caps, Lundhal transformers, Mundorf S/G/O in power along with much more and it is breathtakingly good, best i have had. Massively smitten kitten over here!

After trying the pre i am after some monos, does anyone have any feedback on the Merlots?

If anyone is thinking of selling some Supratek mono blocks please PM me : )

Enjoy the music

Cheers