Adding Tone Controls?

My system sounds wonderful when playing well recorded jazz, classical, or "audiophile approved" material. Unfortunately, mass market pop frequently sounds horrible, with screechy splashy highs. It's obviously recorded with a built in bias to be played on car radios or lo-fi mp3s.
What can I add to my system to tone-down the highs on this sort of material? Sure, there's plenty of well recorded material to listen to, but there are plenty of pop rock bands I'd really like to explore if the recordings could be made a bit more listenable.
bama214
Or the folks at AR, CJ and Krell know about hacks who drink deeply of the Kool-Aid and would NEVER use tone controls or an EQ, but futze with cables and IC's to modify the sound. Roll eyes.....
I agree with Rpeluso.

I am adding a new Integrated shortly and will go with either a Luxman 505u or McIntosh MA6600. Both have defeatable tone controls.

My first choice would have been the Bryston, however no tone controls makes it uncertain for some recordings.
Just so you know, the Behringer is not at all intuitive to use. There is quite a learning curve, contrary to what some make describe. For many I think that would be a deal-breaker.
I'll second roscoeiii on the Dspeaker Antimode Dual Core 2.0.
So much in a small package with superior audiophile sound!
Worth a look!

http://www.dspeaker.com/

I've heard those M-Ls, and they sounded, to me, anything but ragged in the upper-mid/lower-treble range. They were driven by a SS amp and tube-pre, with computer files as a source. FWIW, as my system has evolved, I have gradually lost any edge or excessive brightness in this very sensitive range. I can now listen to those bad recordings without engaging my McIntosh preamp's tone controls, and enjoy them. I went from asking, "what the heck was the recording engineer thinking?!" to "Oh, so that's what they were hearing in the control room when this recording was mastered!" Yet, audiophile recordings still sound wonderful. I actually had a parametric EQ for the same purpose as you want one, but sold it after I realized I wasn't using it for listening any longer. I got there through numerous upgrades of equipment, speakers, cables, etc. I like having the tone control option, but I like not having to use them even more. I think your M-Ls are fully capable of providing enjoyable listening, even to poor quality recordings. You need to rethink your system synergy and try some new things. And don't ignore your room acoustics, either.