Opinion on the GFA 5802

Just purchase this amp at at a really good price with a GFP-565 pre. Anybody experience with this amp? Im using it to power some DIY Dayton Audio speakers.
Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64
Thanks Lec, although I had a GFA-545II, the 5802 is so much better in dynamics and sound better to my ear.
with the 5800 series. Adcom started using some real power supplies. they have great dynamics and can drive just about any speaker. with some simple mods they can really sign. The 555 was an OK amp designed to a price point, not in the same league as the 5800 series.
The 5800 and 5802 models were based on contracted design work done by Nelsen Pass. I have owned both. I liked the 5800 better sonically as it had a noticeably better bottom end in my system (deeper, more impact). I did not like the fan noise however. I think you would be happy with the 5802 and agree with other posters who say it's a big step up design-wise from the 555.

While these Adcoms are well built and an even better value at used prices, they getting older. Just a slight caution that it may not be that easy to get it repaired if something goes wrong as some parts are not readily available. I know this from personal experience.
Thanks Barrysandy for your comment. What makes the 5802 different from the 5800 model besides having the cooling fan on the 5800? Thanks
Not a lot. The 5802 has higher output by 50 watts/ch but the 5800 is a little heavier by 8 lbs. - maybe larger transformer although I can't be sure as they look very similar.