Amplification to B&W 800 Diamond

sitting on theese beutiful speakers, and wanna upgrade on amps.

For the moment using two Electrocompaniet aw250 Bridged. with Ec 4.8. Emc1 up, nordost (from frey-Tyr)

sounds ok, but wanna go for the better!

Thinking about MCintosh, pass labs, Adyton,

hoping to get some respons from guys having the 800 Diamonds, or have experience with different setups, sound characterstics of the different brands used on theese loudspeakers.

thx already for answers ;)

Frank
skrymar
thanx guys for all input here.

Its realy hard to make any decitions. Also not easy to audition theese speakers with different gear. Especially in norway. Think they even dont have the loudspeakers stationary in any shops. And not easy to borrow such heavy equiptment home either hehe.'

on one hand i feel that they realy need lots and lots of power, especially current. on one hand i wanna go for class A for better sounding.

i will try check all suggestions i get :)
I'm using Symphonic Line Kraft 250 monos that are Class A with my Revel Salon 2 speakers. The Salon 2s are less efficient than your 800 Diamonds, but the Symphonic Line amps drive them to concert levels effortlessly with great musicality.

Ignore their rating of 250 watts into 8 ohms - these amps are high current and are much more powerful than my Plinius SB-301 stereo amp that outputs 310 watts per channel into 8 ohms and is not exactly a weak amp itself!

You should ask gregm what he thought of Symphonic Line amps with the 800 Diamonds.
Hello Frank , I'm still using a pair of BAT VK1000 amps
with my B&W 800N , I use them in the bi amp mode .
Pre amp is the ARC REF3 ( modified )For me its a marriage in heaven !
I am running a pair of 800D model and agree these speakers like power and this really helps with the control and overall sound. I understand your model is not as fussy about this (particularly with regard to load). I am driving mine with an Edge NL12.1 (300w)with great success. The new Bryston 28SST monoblocks would be a good choice and I heard them driven by 4 of the new Classe monoblocks and it was stunning. A friend is driving his new 802's with McIntosh and this is a great match. I really like what I am hearing about the lower level (ha) Solution and Constellation gear and have a number of friends thrilled about the new Devialet D-Premier (240w)which includes a DAC and phono -all very high quality. This amp is being used to drive a lot of very pricy speakers at the recent audio shows.