Capacitor question

I have BAT VK-150se amps powering SF Amati Homage speakers. I replaced the stock BAT/Jensen POI caps with CuTF V-Caps. There is a lot more detail now, however, the sound is thinner, brighter and fatig
davidbrinknyc
Hi charles1dad,

I used Duelund both as coupling caps in my tube amp and in the xover. I tried all the usual suspects Mundorf silver/gold/oil/ and the silver/oil, clarity cap ESAs and others. All good.

I was advised that the vcap had a slightly clinical presentation if not a touch Hifi. The Vcaps also take ages to burn in and sound good.

I liked the Mundorfs a lot. The silver/gold/oil being great if not a tad energetic in the highs. Lots of detail like the vcap but with some beauty space. They will sound forward and change about for a hundred hours or so then settle to a more balanced but still highly detailed sound.

The duelunds are just utterly complete. Straight from new. They sound natural and while detailed, the detail is not rammed down your throat. It has dimension image density and plenty of textural tone. Lovely and as they burn in they just get better. If you want real and not hyped it has to be duelund.

If you need more energy on top try some mundorf in the amps power supply. Try as bypasses if they will fit and keep duelunds in signal path.
Chad,
Thanks for your input, it`s always informative and appreciated.
I did decide to order the Duelund CAST for my speakers(only need 1 pair). I hope my results match yours.
Regards,
Your Vcaps still need to settle in. Yes, CAST caps are more organic and musical without sacrificing any detail. However those Vcaps are nice and need some 400 hours......
You mean you've changed PIO coupling caps? Why did you make this decision? I've always considered stock BAT equipment perfect and no need to upgrade unless it comes to the point of repair. As far as I know Jensen PIO are great coupling caps and good sounding...
Did you chat with VK? 500 hours of break-in? It may take half-year while other circuit elements getting older... Technically does not make sense except for toy purposes seriously.
Yeh, some caps take that long to sound their best. Them are the facts and listening over time has proven it out. One can certainly do better then Jensen PIO caps, but one has to suffer the burn in time with Vcaps.