Capacitor question

I have BAT VK-150se amps powering SF Amati Homage speakers. I replaced the stock BAT/Jensen POI caps with CuTF V-Caps. There is a lot more detail now, however, the sound is thinner, brighter and fatig
davidbrinknyc
Greetings,

Those caps take at least 500 hours to break in. You will need to also re-voice your interconnect and speaker. I use the copper cutf from v-cap and they are warm and lush with an organic presence. You may want to try several different copper teflon speaker cables like vh audio Chela diy cables. Speaker cables will sound so different now. The caps are so transparent you will hear REAL cable differences. A very good upgrade in need of break in and fine tubing. Enjoy, Jallen
Before you change any cabling in your system you should look into upgrading the stock 24" Belden wire from XLR to PCB inside the VK150SE.
A recap will usually sound different at first. I remember when i recapped my preamp, i was disappointed. It sounded boring and lifeless, after a month or so it became a new machine.
Just wait for things to settle before making more trouble for yourself.

You need to run signal through the amp for several 100 hours before you can make any decision about the sound. It will be tilted up for some time.

Personally I would have gone for a Duelund Cast or VST as a replacement for the Jensen if you liked the character of the BAT, but wanted more BAT so to speak.