When to go solid state vs. vacuum?

I am looking to upgrade my system into a good 2ch system (hopefully adding vinyl playback) but also being able to do nice HT sound.

I am currently working on new speaker considerations but it may be likely that they will benefit from a dedicated amp....how to choose which type and which one?

I have an integra dtr40.1 that has some very nice features and can function as my pre-amp, and using it that way may be a good place to start. That said, I am new and ignorant to most things regarding standalone amps. Where are vacuum tubes appropriate and where are slowed state appropriate? I have heard both and at least for music I prefer the vacuum tubes, is there any reason why they can't ideally be used for HT as well?

I realize this is a bit of a nebulous thread but I need a starting point.

Thx
kooshballa
Hi Charles1dad, I still have the Mini Utopias. They're among that group of speakers that can be satisfying with tubes but, at times, can challenge an amplifier. My next speakers will have close to a ruler flat impedance - preferably above 8 ohms, but certainly over six. My problem has been that many of the high efficiency speakers that I find intriguing use somewhat radical solutions, and are difficult to audition. I really dislike committing to anything that I haven’t heard in my system.
“when your friends see a tube amp in your house they will think you're cooler than you actually are.”

LOL - I wish I had your friends Wolf. My friends look at me like I’m a guy who rather use a shovel than a snow blower.
Phaelon,
The move to a higher (and flat) impedance will bring out the best in your NAF amplifier.It`s a good decision.
Charles,
After reading the otherwise ignored "measurements" part of a review of my speakers, I switched to the 4 ohm tap on my Jolida amp and I think it sounds better. I do use a snowblower...have to get that thing serviced.
Yes, playing around with the ohm taps on a tube amp can make a difference. My VR-4 Gen II speakers are 7 ohms nominally, but the bass module is 4 ohms. Since bass is so taxing for an amp, switching to the 4 ohm tap produced a much better result.

FWIW, YRMV.