Which is REALLY the best Conrad Johnson Preamp

I would like to start a discussion about what you think is the best sounding CJ Preamp. Just because the manufacturer needs to change to sell more boxes and Magazines need advertising dollars doesn't always mean that the sonics have improved. For example some audiophiles like the older art series over the new GAT Preamps and it's lesser siblings. Would like the informed opinions of those lucky audiophiles who have heard both. I like the old CJ sound but haven't heard the new offerings.
128x128baranyi
I would say the first ART and Premier 16 were the best CJ pres. Because they were built in the transition between the older "CJ sound", lush anf warm with blooming midrange and the neutrality of the newer lines.

Best of both world !
The ART is the one I'd vote for and I did vote...TWICE...(have the series 2 and 3).

Even for one specific individual, the "best" might change due to a different amp/speaker/room but so far (3-5 years) the ART(s) work so good with any of my amp/speaker combos that I have no desire to change them.
I can't speak for the rest of the CJ lineup . I have had a CT 5 for over 5 1/2 years and am more than satisfied and cant think of any reason to change. Any meaningful improvement would take me to a GAT @$25k. No idea if the ET 5 is a better preamp and have no real interest in finding out.
Cheers
Pradeep
I love my Conrad Johnson PV-12. It has a nice smooth response. I used to use a Conrad Johnson PF-2 but I slowly fell in love with the "tube sound." The great thing is that you can pick up a used PV-12 for under a $1k which is a great bargain.