Why did this fix my problem?

I have a deHavilland mercury preamp and Thor TPA 60 EL34 based monoblocks. My amps input impedance was 100k ohms and the Mercury is a cathode follower which I understand needs a minimum 10k ohm load. I was having a problem with the amps going into wildly fluctuating bias and would have to shut them down. Upon restart the bias would hold for a short period and then the whole process would start over. After 6 months of sending the amps to Thor who found them in perfect working condition I sent to a repair company that specializes in vintage and tube equipment. After a week on the bench the amps never acted up. I put the tech in contact with deHavilland and they decided to lower the input impedance of the amps to 47k ohms. It has been six months and I not only have never had one problem, the sound of these 2 components is just glorious. Anyone know why this worked?
leatherneck1812
Leatherneck

Which company "repaired" (or, maybe I should say, "modified") your amp?

Thanks
Gsm18439: The company is "The in house service company" at the address below. I am very happy with their service and prices. They quoted me a bench service price plus hourly. After my amps arrived and they got them on the bench they called, and we talked. They asked about talking to the maker of the preamp Kara Chaffee at deHavilland. I gave them her number and they worked out the details with her. She called me and said they were very knowledgeable and a solution was arrived that they both thought would work and it did! It did take a cpl of weeks before they even looked at it so I guess they keep busy.

http://www.stereorepair.net/highend.htm

Best regards,
Russ
Leatherneck, the woofers oscillated (motor boating) because the DC operating points where destabilized.