Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hello,
It is Quricap 0.56uF (this Q could be fancy A) (yes they are output caps), there are not other output caps.
It is interesting that he has changed value from 0.56uF (#250) to 1uf (#238). Does anybody with serial below #250 have 1uF ?
sorlowski:

here is a picture of an auricap:

http://www.soniccraft.com/images/Auricap.gif

i can see where the A does look like a Q. regarding the change from 1uF to .56uF, i think mick or kevin would be the best person to ask about that.
That is him my quricap your auricap :)
I'm still waiting for answer from Mike.
Regards
Hi Gang. I haven't checked in here in ages.... Current Supratek preamps are using the Auricap at the output. Fiddlers post on the V-cap teflon is right on the money. Teflon capacitors in general are considerably better at signal coupling than most other capacitor types when employed in any high resolution audio electronics. The V-cap teflon is a quantum leap above the rest. Any teflon film cap [regardless of manufacturer]should yield a substantial improvement over the Auricap.All capacitors do require some run in time to fully open up...BUT keep in mind that teflon based film caps do take many more hours of run-in time to open up to full bandwidth at the frequency extremes. That said: even when brand new, one can hear the superiority of a teflon cap with regards to signal purity, resolution,focus and tonal balance right from the get go. I have been using the V-cap in my Cortese,and as couplers in my amplifiers for a couple of years now and to be candid here....I just couldn't go back to the other film types regardless construction. The hype and all the superlatives given the Vcap are fully justified here. They must be heard to be believed! Hell...I was so taken aback with Telon capacitors I even use a Vcap for a bi-pass cap in conjuction with a mundorf silver supreme in the tweeter section of my beloved Tannoy Westminsters. Run-in or burn-in time: For those that want to swap out the Auricap for another cap? Some of you may want to hear this transformation occur [rather intriguing really] For those that don't have the patience or already know the score....When your not listening to your system, simply run a signal via a tuner or a cd player [in repeat mode] for a couple of weeks with the preamp turned on, there is no need to have your amplifier turned on unless you want to listen to it of course.
Has anyone tried to connect a sub to an output of syhra? if so what type of connector (single or y adaptor) do you use?