Pass vs McCormack?

Did not see these particular amps compared in threads...

These seem to be the two SS amps that consistently get the highest praise around here. How do they compare to each other? I'm thinking of the DNA .5 or 1, but don't really know much about the different Pass models....

Thanks
Jim
river251
Thanks. I do see Pass amps for 1500 or so used, which is not that different from McCormack DNA-1s for example. I think Pass Aleph 30s are an example...

Jim
Diff price league for similar power output. DNA-1 is over 150 wpc, IIRC. Pass is 30.
Swampwalker,

OK, pretend the price difference doesn't exist.

Have you heard both and have any opinion as to relative sound character?

Don't seem to be having much luck in this thread.
Also, consider this...

If I buy a DNA-1 for ~$800, and send it in for $1000 to $2000 of upgrades as I plan, it would in the price range of used, more powerful Pass amps.

Jim
Jim, as you noted in your OP, you really don't see these two brands compared in the archives. Swampwalker and I told you why. It's hard enough to find any Pass vs. Mccormack head to head comparison, and now you want to compare modified McCormack to Pass?? Good luck finding anyone who has some side by side experiences there.

They are both good brands with good reputations, spend as much $$$ as you are comfortable spending and enjoy the music. I believe that you have to be careful with both brands if you are planning to use a tube preamp though, impedence issues.

John