dedicated power line for audio equipment

Hello,
I am in the process of building a new house. I was wondering if any of you have installed a dedicated powerline for your audio equipment. If you have, what type of line is it? would it need to be a 30amp line? Thanks in advance...

Andy
andyprice44
Yes, 20 amp dedicated line. Some people with monoblocks run (2)20 amps lines, one per amp and then split off these lines for the rest of their gear.
Btw, I meant that running dedicated lines is a good idea, not running a 30 amp line.

bc
Recently did a garage to listening room conversion installed 2 ea 220V dedicated lines, one on the amp wall and one on the front end wall. 6 each dedicated 117V lines (20A) 2 on the amp wall and 4 on the front end wall.

If your building a house consider running a 60 Amp, or larger, sub panel to your Listening room then run as many lines as you see fit from there. ( I did it the other way around - installed a sub panel to feed most of the rest of the house, then ran all the dedicated lines form the main panel). If you go this route you could consider installing a isolation transformer to feed the sub panel.

Csontos - theres no real danger to running 30A line but the connectors/outlets you'd be required to use upholding code would not be practical.

Good listening

Peter
I have total of 6 dedicated lines. 2 are at 30A, 4are at 20A. All are wired using 10gauge romex. Very happy with the result. I recommend using ps audio soloist or something similar. You will not regret this upgrade. Good luck.