Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I spoke to Mick today and he thinks it might be picking up some ac current from a nearby transformer. I followed his suggestion and moved it well away from any power source, but still the same. Possible a faulty output transformer?? I have subsequently emailed him. Here's hoping.
I had the some problem hum in right channel. Changed tubes, moved speakers, always in right channel. I did not have that problem in previous apartment, Supratek was dead quiet. But since I have moved, hum is constant.
It is mains, power cables related. Recently I have bought umbilical cord from Brat. I was really angry that it took him so long. But to be honest hum is gone first in 2 years. I still cannot believe it. Neither power cables not interconnects did that much of a difference for me. Dynamic is better, micro dynamic is better too. I doubt that in previous place they would be such a difference but for peoples with hum problem it is a great buy.
I have also got a RAL umbilical lead but it makes no differene to the hum. I am certain it is related to the power supply somehow but I still haven't worked it out.
fyi:

mick updated the supratek site with new pics of the malbec and mondeuse. i didn't notice any other changes though.
OK - on a different tack - as / my post of 04-15-07.
Having read about a couple of early Syrahs being changed from 6SN7s driving the linestage to a noval fitting 6n1ps tubes and parafeed(ala John Tucker mods)? Similar dual triodes with double the heater current , I think to the the 2x 6H3n-E that came in my pre, does anyone with a good understanding know if there is any feasibilty of changing my pre to octal sockets /6SN7's & would this increase the gain? On the other hand, maybe changing it to 6SN7's would kill how nice it sounds, 'comparitvely' speaking and a shame as I have a cupboard full of 6SN7's.

I love this old thing but it barely has enough gain to drive my Audiopax 88s on CD and the phonostage, although appearing (to my untrained eyes)very similar in layout to the Syrah has so little gain to be less than useless.

I still have my Syrah but not keen to go back to it after hearing this pre, which possibly due to the much heavier psu, sounds way better.
I'm also assuming the increased transparency and the lack of
histrionics every time my wife brings her mobile phone into the house is down to the stepped attenuator volume control as opposed to the Syrah's remote.
Talk about a two edged sword :-(