Accuphase preamps

My research tells me that their preamps have some of the most features of solid state designs. Also, I have heard them @ CES, they sound very good indeed.

My question is, will they mate up ok with other brands of amps.

Right now I have Bryston amps, and a BP6P preamp, and I'm not too crazy about getting a BP26 because of lack of features.

It also appears that Accuphase is the better design as well. Am I wrong?

Thanks.
dave_72
Dealer make huge profits when selling Accuphase components. In the Netherlands and Belgium the retail prices are two times higher than in Japan. What I usually do is buy demo models form a reputable dealer but only after the next generation was announced/released. This way I get at least 30-40% off the retail price and also a full warranty. This is why I wrote you about the C-2410. Like C-2410 pre, the P-7100 power amp is also due to be replaced.

I do not have any experience with bridged configurations. But I often read that one does not get a significant improvement in sound (if at all) but only a lot more power.

Regards,
Paul
Hi Paul,

The situation regarding pricing is very much the same here in the US. I might go that route i.e. demo models. Ok, sounds good, I will wait and see.

Are you certain that the C-2410 will be replaced?

Ok, that's fine on the bridged setup. I was thinking of getting 2 Class A amps and then bridging them for more power.
Hi Dave,

Of course, I am not 100% sure the C-2410 will be replaced soon. My
prediction is based on the past habits of the company.

I will do some more research about the C-2410, and also try to do a direct
comparison between C-2410 and C-2810 as I am thinking to move to
Accuphase separates (A-45 + C-2810 most likely) myself. I will keep you
posted.

Best wishes,
Paul
Hi Dave

I have 2 accuphase A-46s and using them in bridged mode does degrade the sound.

I use them in dual mono mode and the sound is much more open and bass is better. YMMV

My preamp is a C-2410.

I am selling one of the A-46 , replaced it with a P-7100.

Currently negotiating a deal to get a C-3800 form japan.