Accuphase preamps

My research tells me that their preamps have some of the most features of solid state designs. Also, I have heard them @ CES, they sound very good indeed.

My question is, will they mate up ok with other brands of amps.

Right now I have Bryston amps, and a BP6P preamp, and I'm not too crazy about getting a BP26 because of lack of features.

It also appears that Accuphase is the better design as well. Am I wrong?

Thanks.
dave_72
Hi Gregm,

That's what I was thinking. To go Class A Accuphase. More expensive, but worth it.

Ok, I see. Yeah, if I were to go A/B, I could save a lot by getting the Bryston amps.

I can believe that. The Bryston preamp is no big deal.
Hi Dave,

Whether you should buy the class A models or the class AB ones it depends entirely on your future speakers and your listening habits, i.e. on the amount of power you need.

The A-45 and A-46 class A models sound indeed better than P-4100. Both class A models have enough power to drive speakers like B&W 802 and/or 802 D/diamond to ear-bleeding levels. On the other hand, sound-wise there is little difference (if at all) between the A-65 and P-7100 (or P-6100 for that matter).

Regarding speakers, Accuphase pairs very well with Focal Utopia (forget Electra), B&W 800 series, Dynaudio Confidence, to name but a few.

How large is your room?
Hi Nvp,

Ok, thanks. That makes sense.

Cool, so are you saying the A-46 is a better amp than the A-65? I would think the A-65 would win because of the bigger transformer and more capacitance, plus it's also Class A.

Ok, cool, I've been looking at the Focals. I'm also looking at the bigger ATC floorstanders.

Why forget Electra?

Thanks.