Any HiFi equipment sound similar to YBA sonics ?

may i humbly seek advices from experienced audiogon menbers whom knows of ANY hifi equipment (CDP, preamp/amp) that share similar characteristics to YBA ? perhaps 85% to 90+% closeness in airyness and its laidback uncompress open soundstage. any input would be deeply appreciated. i tried audition few brands but sadly none. Currently their YBA Passion & lower series do not really have sonic as impressive as former YBA Classic series. Thanks again.
-phil
philipwu
yes Digepix, that's what i'm been doing for last 8yrs, being listening music nothing else, but when i plans to upgrade, i discover they (YBA) no longer do classics anymore, i being under the impression that they seldom update the website & still produce it on demand since Passion series are still relevant. Now it seems YBA has everything change, undergoing major product line overhaul.
anyone familar with PassLab or Mcintosh preamp? thanks.
I think the closest similar sonic signature to the YBA (Passion series amps in particular) are amplifiers from Naim. Very clean, extremely low-noise floor, great dynamics and specifically strong and tight control of the speaker drivers (high damping factor so to speak). I hope YBA will continue to deliver great products with the new owners.
I think the closest similar sonic signature to the YBA (Passion series amps in particular) are amplifiers from Naim. Very clean, extremely low-noise floor, great dynamics and specifically strong and tight control of the speaker drivers (high damping factor so to speak). I hope YBA will continue to deliver great products with the new owners.
That being said, Yves-Bernard-Andre is still technical adviser of the company. This is a good thing.
hi Vimv, thanks for your suggestions.
that's what i feels also, about Naim & Passion closeness in sonic similarities. so that's why i didn't buy Naim & Passion series, it's not the sound i like. it's more about overall presentaton of musical soundstage, like in a grand musical hall with musician playing all sort of instruments without compression and lots of air around them.
anyone know other HiFi have such traits? Audiio Aero? thanks.