Retubing an ARC VT100 mkll

Thinking of tube rolling my VT100 mkll. Currently using EH for both the 6922 input and 6550 output tubes. Less than 800 hours on the entire set, so its not that I need an entire retube, just looking to improve the sound if possible. What would give the biggest improvement, changing out the input or output tubes to KT88/90? Bear in mind I would need a closely matched OCTECT of either so bizarre/rare vintage tubes are out of the question. Thinking of Gold Lions or similar, any thoughts from the scholars?
spinaker01
I retubed my VT100 MKII with the KT120s without any issues. The improvement in sound and perfromance was across the board in all sonic categories. In fact the amp seems to run cooler with these tubes.
The filament supply was not designed for the extra current needed to run the KT-120. The above list is from Audio Research and represents what they have tested and are comfortable with running KT-120's in. Caveat Emptor.
Hifigeek1
My dealer Lyric told me the opposite. The VT100 MKII was on the list of approved amps for the KT120 upgrade. I was called specifically by the rep and given this info because I had enquired previously about using the KT120s.

Did you get the list from ARC or is your comment based on second hand info?
I received the list from ARC as I am a warranty repair station for them. I suggest you contact ARC and speak to Kalvin. I suppose it's possible they updated the list. But that's news to me.