Preamp possibles for system...

I am currently using a Belles 21A auricap but have been itching to try something else for possible system improvements. The amp is a T-hold S/500 ll with an Arcam CD23 and Polk SDA-2's with RDO-194 tweets. All IC's/PC's are Morrow Level 3/4. My 22'x35' listening environment is slightly harsh with wood floors and a fair amount of glass. Musical taste is quite varied at moderate volumes.

In general, I feel the base or low level frequencies are a bit forward but not crisply defined. Also the high frquencies seem somewhat constrained or maybe rolling off early...using others terminology I have read. Almost as if the singers are behind the band. Not always, but on enough recording's I notice it.

My previous amp was a Nak 7. Everything else staying the same, I recently switched to the T-hold S/500. I literally would have wrote an exact opposit review of the systems traits critiquing it with the Nak. I was certainly surprised...in a VERY good way.

I have read that the T-hold amps liked certain pre's. Here is a list I have gleaned from some research. I have not seen all of these available, so some maybe out of the question. I would be gratefull for any input to try and target my continued refinement.

Sonic Frontiers line 3
Aestetic Calypso
Audio research LS25 mk1 or 2
Modwright 9.0se
Klyne 7

mlo97
Thank you for your input Unsound. My budget keeps me having to research and watch the used market to build a system I know I would otherwise not be able to own. I am very fond of the amp as I was the Polk speakers though I completely understand thier place and time in the marketplace. My current listening sessions seem to be reflecting new shortcomings in the speakers from either design or thier age. I hear more detail than ever but the general tone and low frequency quality is not not where I would like it.

Unsound, could elaborate on what perameters would be usefull in a single ended optioned preamp selection?

My listening area is quite large. It encompasses a great room concept floorplan with the speakers being located nearly against the front wall. A couple speakers I have been focused on are the Dunlavy Contata's or Legacy classics/focus. Seems they are capeable of filling a large area and may be more leniant than many at being located near the front wall with thier woofer design. The prices I see would be my upper price threshold but realize the importance to the system.

A true differential balanced unit will have to double the number of parts in some stages. So if the same money was spent on less but better parts, the parameters would change.
I've always said that all things being equal, balanced is better, but I guess if one includes budget, that might not be possible. So it would seem to me, that if you aren't going to use the benefits of balanced operation, then money spent on parts for balanced operation would be superfluous, and better spent elsewhere. Whether or not this actually plays in practice is another ball of wax.
FWIW, I'm a big fan of the Dunlavy's. Once again, I suggest deciding on your speakers first, and then deciding on the supporting cast of components.
Looks like the Dunlavy's will indeed be my next speaker. Any insight on what single-ended preamp possibles would compliment the combination with a T-hold S/500 II, Bryston cdp, and full Morrow cables/IC/PC set-up?
I'd suggest getting the Dunlavy's first, and then see if you like it with the Threshold before getting a new pre. The Threshold might have more power than the Dunlavy's need.