Why is the market for used Levinson amps so slow?

I've tried to sell my 334s without luck, and I've been watching others have similar problems. The used Levinson market was so hot a couple of years ago. What gives?
irvrobinson
Could it be because most people by now have figured out the Levinson "house" sound and don't like it?

I have heard ML amps in three different systems and never cared for the sound any time. Now it might have been something other than the amps, but they were the only common denominator

I'm not a believer that solid state amps that measure similarly sound significantly different. I know that's heresy to some, but the value proposition (at least for me) for amps like Levinson and Krell is that they act like consistent voltage sources with low distortion and low noise into low impedance or highly capacitive loads. Not too many amps can do that. They also have very low distortion at sub-1W output. These are differences which are known to audible. But I don't understand how there can be a "house sound" signature that can't be measured.

Just thinking about it, it might be that the economic situation in the US is hitting people who tend to spend a lot on high-end audio pretty hard, reducing the market. ;-)
Where have you been trying to sell the amp? Can't find an ad under your user name here....

The high-end market has taken a dump over the last couple of years. Simply, people are more careful with their disposable income (or disposable income has been reduced in many cases). Hobbies are the first things to go.

Also, many times the private sellers do not respond to the changes in the market as quick as the dealers.... I understand that it may hurt that the price you can get now is 1/2 of what you paid used only a couple of years ago.
The audiogon web site redesign launched this year had a lot of issues it would seem. If audiogon has collapsed this year, that is a likely factor. Hopefully agon will recover.

LEvinson used to be the cats meow of high end audio performance wise. Prices reflected that. Both LEvinson the company and markets have changed. Others have caught up and some may offer better value. Prices reflect that I would assume.

Also I note that there is not a lot of buzz about Levinson products these days on Agon it seems compared to others. Maybe there is potential there that might help generate new/more interest?
Post removed