ARC SP-6 Warmup time

I just bought an Audio Research SP-6 preamp. It takes about ten minutes after powering on for the power lamp to stop blinking and the unit to start passing signals. Other than that it sounds perfect on all inputs. Is this at all normal? Does it indicate something is about to fail? Ten minutes to warm up is more than annoying.
richardp01
I own a modded 6-B which never took more than a minute or so. When I first glanced at the topic, I thought No the tone of my ARC 6-B was always on the colder, analytic side, and couldn't be warmed up by my usual tube rolls LOL!
Jeffrey, the circuit diagram says longer and can cause a thump if the mute releases early. The B and C preamp versions have a very long DC time constant and so it takes a while for it to stabilize. If your preamp is releasing after one minute, the cap in the timer circuit is the wrong value and releasing too early.
I've had the SP9, SP11 & SP14 and none of them ever needed more than 30-60 seconds to end mute mode. Agrre with others that you should call ARC and send it in.
From the SP6B owners manual. Page 6. Warm up timer mutes the SP6B outputs for 2 minutes after the power switch is turned "ON".
Post removed