Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hello ecclectique, big disappointment. The GZ-34 did not solve the problem. On the contrary, with it in place of the Mullard GZ-37 the funny sounds began just a couple of minutes after begin of vinyl play... The GZ-34 is a Valvo with Mullard codes, not a Hytron. The seller wrote it measures good on his Funke tube tester. Any idea what else it could be? Thanks.
Regards,
frankiealverti
Ecclectique, thanks for your inputs. the 6bg6 tubes have a hat with wire on the top of it. Should i change it?

I experience lately with my system and i do not know that it is normal or not. When my JC1 is in stand by mode, i turn syrah on and the speaker produces no noise, boom.... But when the Amp is in the play mode and i turn on my syrah i hear the sound of boom from the speaker especially the woofer. IS there any wrong in my system?

Thanks and Happy Holidays
Hi Houstonreef. OK,things are a little more clear now. As I mentioned in my last post the 6bg6 is an electrical equivalent to a 6L6 however it requires a top hat connection to the contact on top of the tube to power it up. Could very well be a factory version from Supratek for all I know. I would suggest you email Supratek and ask Mick if he made it that way or perhaps you could ask the previous owner if he rewired the socket to accomodate the 6BG6 tube. To be candid here: Unless you are into tube rolling of the regulator tubes it nothing to be concerned with anyway. RE: Power up procedure [important]. When the JC-1 is in "standby mode" there is no voltage or power at it's output whereby you can leave it powered up 24/7 if you wish.It is very important to be sure the preamp is powered up and running PRIOR to switching the amplifier from standby and into PLAY MODE . Powering up the preamp when the amplifier is in play mode can potentially damage your speakers, amplifier or both. When shutting your system down.....It is imperative to turn off the amplifier first before the preamp. In your case, switch the amplifier out of play mode and back to standby mode before powering down the preamp. You can leave the JC-1 in standby mode 24/7 if you wish.
Hi Frankiealverti. Hmmmmmm.... If the symptom is common to both rectifiers I would think the problem is elsewhere in the preamp. The phono stage tubes in the Syrah are battery biased,perhaps the batteries need to be replaced and hopefully they may very well be the cause.
Hi ecclectique,
thanks. I just saw one battery inside. I know there are quite a few different Syrahs, but, do you think that is normal?
Best,
frankiealverti