Table radio options for kids room

My wife wants a decent table radio for the new baby's room. She was thinking about the Bose Wave Radios but I've heard them and wasn't impressed. As an alternative I was looking at the Cambridge Soundworks and the Tivoli Music System. We're looking for one that has a CDP and iPod connectivity. Anyone have any experience with either of these units? The Tivoli looks like a nice piece and I've always heard good things about them.

Of course eventually my expectation is that I'll have the only little girl in the neighborhood that knows the difference between an EL34 and a 6CG7, but we've got to start somewhere.

Cheers
grimace
I am very surprised about all the negative comments regarding the Tivoli radio.

The new ones must not sound as good as the original (which is the model I own) which is terrific for a little box radio.

Sometimes I listen to it instead of my Sansui 919 vintage tuner/ NAD 326BEE/ Sound Dynamics 300ti speakers (which sounds very good) but I do not miss it too much with the Tivoli.
Did you show her a picture of the Mac? My wife asked me why I didn't buy Mac stuff (I own Bryston). Then she saw the price tag. I figure, if your's doesn't, it may be a go.

I have the Model 3 and it would be at least 5 years old. I plug it in to the HiFi as a tuner and it is quite good. Through the speaker they probably EQ it but it is very analog sounding. Place against a wall or in a corner and you might be amazed. I am still suprised at how it can fill a room.

The older models (original One, Stereo, and 3) were discrete as I recall, hopefully they have not gone to ic's as they did with the newer designs.

Good Luck,
Robert
Grimace, I think you'd be quite pleased with Tivoli..
Tending more towards the British/bbc sound--they have always reminded me somewhat the musicality of mini Tannoys, Roger LSs of yore (on reduced scale of course).

They'd reap benefit from care of placement--rear wall/corner reinforcement and siting them on solid surfaces will have them sounding fuller/more solid--or otherwise, could sound a little hollow.

And for as long as volume is properly minded, imo its hard to beat their ways with tonal (surprisingly organic and natural--for the price). Plus, you get great look as bonus--love the various natural wood and color options.