What preamp

Hello

I had been an Audiogon member for a while now and I need help deciding what preamp to buy, Things had been a bit difficult money wise, but I'm an audio enthusiast and I'm trying to put together a decent stereo system. The speaker are Polk Audio RTi-A9 the amp is going to be Emotiva XPA-2 . I'm looking for something to match the amp and speakers, I would like to have something to calm down the bit brightness of the Pollk Audio RT's that I've had heard they have. I'm also looking for balanced out connection aka XLR. All recommendation are always welcome. Thank you

Armando
armandito
Thank you jkj25, would you recommend any preamp, my amp has balanced imputs, but the Emotiva preamp doesn't.
Your amp is not a truely balanced amp so it wouldn't matter if you use single ended or XLR connection.

IMO A9's and Emo gear do run a bit brighter on the top end. I've owned both and that was my experience with it.
Well, anybody is going to recommend any preamp that is know to work good with Emotiva gear?
First Sound has absolutely the best preamp Ive used.I saw some here for sale.They are special,cheers,B