Upscaling Speakers, Downscaling Amp...What to Do?

A few months back, I purchased a pair of Joseph Audio Pulsars. I've enjoyed them so much that I've decided to upgrade to the new Perspectives. However, my better half hath decreed that no more money can go into audio, so I've made the extremely difficult decision to sell my amp (VAC Phi Beta 110i) in the near future. Its replacements will obviously be significantly less expensive, yet they must provide a similar listening experience. The preamp is already fixed - a Modwright LS 100 with phono stage. My question for the board is, what amp? Tube or solid state? Cost (used) needs to be around $3000-3500, and a minimum of 100 wpc. The obvious pairing is either the Modwright KWA 150 or KWA 100SE. I would welcome any another other suggestions, but if you do so, please tell me why. Thanks in advance.
curriemt11
All right, and for what it's worth, some of you have given me a few things to think about.

I will be keeping the VAC at least until I receive the Perspectives next week. They will be installed, and I'll then conduct a shoot out between the VAC, the LS 100 + Rogue, and the LS 100 + Innersound. Will make the decision at that time. It should be interesting.
"I did not say this, so I'm assuming it represents your own point of view? I simply said that the electronics are of relatively lesser importance."

Yes it is my view. Sorry, I did not mean to imply you said the same.
Curriemt11, your statement depends on what kind of listener you are, in regard to "electronics are of relatively lesser importance". People who like "Boom Bada Boom!" will always choose speakers, while people who listen for inner detail in music will choose electronics.

For most of us, this is determined by the weight we place on the economic scale. We all would like the "best" speakers and the "best" electronics, but our bank accounts won't allow this; therefore we have to put the two on a sliding scale. I demand very good electronics, and what's left for the rest.
A set of VAC PA-90 amps just came up for sale. Just under a 100 watts. I'm sure they will have that glorious VAC house sound. Might be worth looking into:
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/461887
Mike, I agree with you that speakers trump electronics on a relative scale of influence. That being said, what about your room? I have heard many state that the room is the most important variable in the equation. What have you tried in terms of room treatments, etc? I know this question is tangential, but I am curious....