ss replacement for my SET tubes and Egglestons?

I love the sound of my current amps (Audio Mirror 45 Watt SET monoblocks) with my speakers (EgglestonWorks Fontaine) but would prefer I get the same/near same sound with an ss amp for $2500 (used/new). Any Eggleston (or similarly built) owners out there think this is possible? (Tube pre is Mapletree 2A SE; also have pair of ACI Titan powered subs.) Reason for considering is not audio quality based, but for a more convenient and worry free set up. I'd love to play my rig several hours per day without the maintenance and worry of power tubes.
rockadanny
Charles,

Do you think it would every be imaginable, that with the correct tubed preamp and the correct cabling and the correct power conditioning, that a SS-based system could rival a SET-based system?

I'm not saying it is easy nor inexpensive, but is it possible? Can a system truly blur the lines between SET, OTL, SS, etc?
Through reading I see that it might be impossible to mimic the SET sound I have with ss so I am willing to give up some of the SET magic in a subtractive way. For example, not as organically deep or as seductive or as well imaged. As long as it does not add anything bad to the sound in its place (etched, steely, glassy, harsh).

Markwatkiss - not sure what you mean.
Have you given Nelson Pass's earlier Aleph series any thought? That would be my go to amp (in your budget range) if I wanted to ditch SET's.

And speaking of the man, I just read about his upcoming XS series. He had special transistors made for him at a cost way, way into the 6 figures. He describes them as SIT's. The 300 watter is 85k and to bring you back from sticker shock, the 150 watter is "only" 65k.

I "imagine" they would be a step(s) closer but boy what a cost. Hopefully some trickle down tech will come from it.