The right amp for my system

I have a Pioneer Elite w/130wpc and two Martin Logan Clarity at 200w w/ Acoustic Zen cables and a M/L Vignette for a center. The system lacks clarity and punch. I was thinking of adding Marantz MA-500 monoblocks. Is my thinking correct to improve the quality of sound? Should I hold out for more watts than what is in the MA-500's? $'s is a factor. Thanks, Married w/Children.
nross
To get clarity you have to add acoustical room treatments to tame the early reflections.
What are you looking for in sound? What type of music do you listen to? Seems that the Clarity strengths are everywhere except in the low end range. My Focal are a bit on the lean side and I found that a sub using high level input from amp sounds good. Just enough gain to hear.
Again, the source has a lot to do with the result. I am assuming you are using cd or combo player?
On the clarity Bigby is right. Poor acoustics will cause the clarity problems as well as many others. Stats like yours won't have the same punch as cones in the same price class. I'm not sure what you listen to or what volumes so I'm guessing. A good subwoofer may help also. A sub is not a good place to cheap out either. If you have woodworking skills designing and building your own will save a lot of money.

Room treatments are super important and will have more affect on the sound than anything else maybe even speakers. If you look at the frequency response of a room not treated it will have peaks and dips as much as 20db. That's a lot and enough to mess up the sound.
Forgot to add that every time you double the power of the amplifier the loudness goes up 3db. 3db is a little more than noticeable. So a 200 watt amp will play 3db louder than a 100 watt amp.
It could be your speakers want a better amp with more current capability but I don't know what their impedence curve looks like. Stats can be hard to drive though.
Hey you guys are super. I appreciate your responces but your a lttle over my head at this point. I have a lot to learn but want to get off to a good start. I'm hoping to make the best of what I have for the time being so have to stick to the basics.

My Pioneer is driving the 2 M/L Clarity's, a M/L 8" sub, a M/L Vignette as a center, 2 Vignettes for the surrounds and a pair of old KLN's (go ahead and laugh) for the rears. I have Acoutic Zen Satori's for the mains and a pretty decent 12g. speaker wire for the surround.

It is used most for HT and a Panasonic BD-605 for music.
I know it's not much it's what I have for now.

It's all set up in my office/bonus room so as far as acoustics goes it's "hodge-pod."

I don't like music too loud unless to concentrate on a particular piece. But that's an unsustainable level. At normal listening levels the system is un-impressive. Low range is ok but mids and highs are lacking. The M/l's are 3 yrs old and may have lost some of the sparkle they had new. If you'd still like to comment I'm listening. Thanks