Preamplifier that supports 3D movie

Hi,

I am very new to home theater system, and I am planning to set up my first home theater. Please bear with me if my question is too naive.

Are there any preamplifier that supports 3D movie? Based on what I have just learned, if preamp doesn't support 3D, then I would have to connect 3D blu-ray player directly to projector for 3D video, and connect audio using separate cable to the preamp.

My total budget for the whole system is $10K - $13K (or slightly higher). So I guess for preamp my budget will be $1k-$3k (depending on what I buy for the rest of the system). Don't mind suggestions for quality used equipment.

Thanks!
deeperblue
Most of the current pre/pros will support 3D. I think it's HDMI 1.4.

No audio pre-amp will handle 3D, because pre-amps are analogue only, so they have no digital processing built in.

You need a good quality pre-amp processor, such as the NAD T175.
If buying new I would wait till after CES as the latest will be released shortly there after. Otherwise look at as mentioned NAD, Marantz, Denon, Integra, etc.
Thanks for all the replies.

Are 3D capable preamplifiers all new models?

I have heard that sometime you can get great price on last generation (i.e. the one before the current generation) flagship models, and since those models were designed/made as flagship products, you can still get great quality and probably they provide better quality/price ratio than brand new ones. Are there such 3D capable preamplifiers models?

I was originally looking at Lexicon MC-12, and then found out that it is not capable of handling 3D movies.

Thanks!