Emotiva amplifiers review/experience?

Anyone had a chance to try out the Emotiva amplifiers and compare them to some of the more well known brands? How are the sound quality of the amps and how do they compare to other brands? Are they significantly worse or by some slight margin? Please let me know as I'm very interested in their products! Thank you!
garrettni
Something to consider: how often will you need/want big big watt/current output? Is it there for self-impression? "I know I have it." Will you ever use the amp's capacity? What is your typical listening level? What will drive your speakers best? I also really wonder about the quality of parts. They can surprisingly be very inexpensive. But for the price Empotiva may be worth a try.
Emotiva's response to my inquiry for more information about their XPA 2 was NO information. I am curious about Emotiva. I simply asked for some basic, non-proprietary information info about their circuit design and a few other specs. Goodness sakes you'd think I had made an attempt for a hostile take over. Audio circuit designs are pretty straight forward and KNOWN. Make of this what you want but for me this would be a no go on purchase. I will try another department of Emotiva and see if I get someone more customer friendly. There are customer friendly ways to say we can't give even simple information. Also, when you review responses from current Emotiva owners ask about thier speakers and program material. Speakers make a big difference in sound quality as well as program material, i.e., the quality of a given recording.
Ask current Emotiva owners what their preferences are in listening. Big bass, fat mid range, scintillating high's, what? Temper what you hear from current users with what they tell you about what they are enjoying from it then compare that to what you are looking for. Don't get carried away by BIG numbers, that is spec's. Bipolar transistors are known to sound a bit lean, perhaps revealing? in mid's and hi's when compared to MOSFET's. The mid's and hi's in MOSFET's normally operate in what might be termed a "softer" mode. What speakers are you using and what are their characteristics? Will the Emotiva's triple Darlington configuration make any difference to what you can hear? I am still waiting to hear from Emotiva's support personnel. Their head of sales did forward my request to the tech staff.
Emotiva was forthcoming about their circuit design adding more detail per my inquiries. All seems very reasonable. If you want more detail about bipolar audio circuit behavior check this out: www.soundwesthost.com. Go to main article index and look up amplifier basics. There's an easy to understand article about bipolar and mosfet circuits and behavior. If I needed an amp I would likely give the Emotiva XPA 2 a try. At $699 during the holiday sale it is a good buy anyway you look at it. I have seen blog entries about little problems here and there like a hum sound (transformer, ground loop or?), but that's what your 5 year warranty is for. And finally, I have a sticker in the rear window of my car that reads: "Driver carries no cash. He spent it all on audio equipment!" Good luck!
Nordic, I have a MOSFET amp here, an old Hafler, and they shake out very much as you suggest.