Jeff Rowland Pre-Amps: The Corus & The Capri

I am a current owner of the Jeff Rowland Capri pre amp. Are there any folks who have owned or heard the Capri and have owned or heard the new Corus pre amp. I am wondering how high level a system would need to be to recognize the differences between the 2 Rowland pre-amps and what those differences are. Thanks Stephen
pettyfeversk
Take a step back and please explain why you want to do any upgrade at all. The Capri is a very fine preamp. Even if the Corus is significantly better it is not clear that your system and room setup would let the improvements fully develop. This is not a knock on your system/room, but it does bring up the point that once your system gets to a certain quality level that achieving truly better sound reproduction is harder than just substituting a "better" component. You have a very high quality system now, what is it you want to improve?
Onhwy61,

Very thoughtful and important question that I keep asking myself. I would say that I am confident that my speakers can give give me more back with a more powerful amp. They take a bit of power to push even in my 12 by 24 room and are not being pushed by my current amp. How much will another amp effect it? I am not sure. I do know I play the music loud and there is a point where the amp can't go.
Without any question the Cardas clear was 'much' better. It was more transparent,clearer,nuanced,open,dynamie, etc. Simply better in every way IMO. The Golden Reference was veiled and cloudy in comparison.

exactly the point ...

and there is much better than Cardas Clear !
Why didn't Jeff include a BYPASS INPUT for the Corus as he has with my SynergyIIi pre amp? Unless I am missing something it is preventing me from upgrading.