XLR to RCA Adapters

I am interested in a BAT amp but my Rogue 99 Magnum does not have balanced outputs. There are of course adapters (Cardas makes what appears to be a nice one), are these worth it or do they defeat the purpose of a balanced unit? Do they compromise sound quality?
128x128podolaw
So there is a sound degradation when using adapters or rca to xlr cabling? I have always read that a true balanced connection usually sounds superior.
If you are going RCA to XLR because you like the 2 components, then many people would say reterminate your RCA cable on one end...in order to get rid of the adaptor.

As for SE vs Balanced, yes many people feel there is inherent superiority of Balanced over SE technology...however, as with many things in life...it comes down to execution. A well executed SE will still sound better than a poorly executed balanced.
There is NO inherent superiority of balanced vs. single ended designs. Balanced cables are superior for very long cable runs typical of sound reinforcement applications. For consumer gear, either can deliver the same results.
When one considers the noise cancellation properties of balanced, then you can easily see the reason for superior audio. Less noise equals better sound.
There are so many considerations relative to the specific gear being used that IMO "one size fits all" answers do not apply. My single-ended Tom Evans Vibe/Pulse II is far and away the quietest preamp I have owned (out of many) and running it through 2.5M rca cables into Jensen PI-2RX (rca to XLR) transformers then through very short XLR cables into balanced amps results in the best sound I have achieved in many years of doing this.