Rowlands

Not much talk about Rowland. Why is that? For example, Pass is all over the place.
inna
My experience with JRDG customer service has been extremely positive. Have a Rowland Pre and a Pass amp.
As recommended above, I finally connected with Matt Aikawa. He works for the The New Audible Difference in Palo Alto, CA. It is strange his name is listed as the Jeff Rowland Retailer and the name The New Audible Difference is not listed. I asked him about the possibility of a new Jeff Rowland Integrated amplifier using the Class A/B design similar to the Model 625. He said he would check with Jeff Rowland and let me know. Most likely, he said, a new integrated could be 6+ months away (and maybe more).

I am still disappointed that the Jeff Rowland Deign Group never responded to my three email messages. In any case, I now have the name of someone who represents the JRDG and will keep me posted about any new Integrated amplifier. Thanks.
rowland model 501, 201
they are 'class D'(chip amp) mono blocks using 'ice power' technology from jeff rowland.
any big differences from analogue amps like model 7 or 302
in sound quality?
some said no problem but must be difference btw them.
need your words.
Zabiaud, Rowland newest M625 clas a/b amp, as well as ICEpower-based amps in the 300 series like M312, M301, and the older M302 have a special current rectification system based on a technology called active Power Factor Rectification (PFC). This gives them a very significant amount of advantage in overall musical subtlety of the output, compared to M501 and M201. There exists an external PFC-based rectifier by Rowland called PC-1 that can be applied to M501 and M201.... and should bring those amps closer to the performance of the higher end ICEpower based 300 series.

Model 7 is a 25 year old class a/b design..... It is very sweet and has an enormous power reserve, but has neither the transparency nor the musical resolution of newer Rowland amplifiers.

Hope this helps.

Guido