Can any preamps for $2-3k touch Auregies-L?

I made a mistake and recently sold my Shindo Auregie-L out of frustration while dealing with room issues. Long story short, I've got some treatments in place and a new amplifier (Decware Torii 3) and things are sounding good, but--I suspect my Shindo could bring more to the table.

I prioritize tonal beauty and emotion over absolute linearity and resolution. I also tend to be a sucker for texture, harmonic density and micro/macro dynamics.

I suspect I'd be best off waiting for a Shindo to come up used, but I am open to alternatives.
gopher
I have the Shindo Auriges with the phono stage. I have never heard a better pre. Be patient and keep looking for a used one or keep saving and get a new one. Sorry I can't recommend anything else
Bite the bullet and get the Shindo. It might take some additional time to save up for one but you will most likely be happier in the long run. I had to sacrifice a few things to trade up to buy the Vosne-Romanee preamp but I'm thrilled with the purchase and consider the Shindo the centerpiece of my system. Shindo just gives me a deeper emotional connection to the music. Throw in the incredible build quality and top tier resale value and it's pretty much a no-brainer given you enjoy the vintage Shindo tube sound.
I heard a VRE-1b (Steve McCormack) pre in a guys system, it beat out a $90,000 Kondo pre!
I don't think I'll buy one new as I just sold mine last month and don't want to take the hit. I could rationalize spending 600 more and buying one with phono and selling my jasmine. Actually, I'd rather like that solution if one comes available.

Liz, I wish it were an option but I had my sights on a $3k "shindo killer" which was not. Unfortunately it's a bit expensive for me to keep stuff on hand and I generally rely on those funds to upgrade.

I sold an auregies l but wouldn't mind trying the two box if the situation presents itself.
An alternative for the kind of sound you are looking for would be the Joule LA-150MKII- not saying it is better than the Shindo, since I am not familiar with the Shindo, but it is certainly a very fine preamp in the rich tone/emotion school.