Know of any true bullet proof equipment stories?

My buddy was just telling me about his Mcintosh MC275 he has that he scored after it had been in a fire and thrown out of a second story window.

To quote him "Its ugly as hell, But it still works pretty good"

I figured I'd see what other stories yall had
128x128systembuilder
Most of the Classe DR models.They seem to be fabulously built and great sounding. I would also included the Adcom GSP-565 pre-amp. There not beautiful to look at but seem to be built very well and hold there own for the asking price used.
When I was young idiot I hooked up four pairs of speakers to a Kenwood KA 7100 integrated and played it that way for several years and nothing bad happened.
When I was an older idiot I hooked up a Marantz 500 power amp to two pairs of speakers even though it clearly advised that a fire hazard would result and guess what...? It caught fire after only a couple of minutes. And no it didn't play after that.
friend of mine owns edge nl 12.1 amp. he said it had very good build quality, and then he stood on top the amp (he weighs 170# +). and stood there.

cleaned the shoe marks off the amp. it was playing the whole time. edge gear is very well made.

disclosure -- i'm selling an edge preamp.
Vintage Crown DC300A amplifer. Bought vintage amp last year for my son. The amp was poorly packaged and as luck would have it, was dropped during shipment to me. Part of the chassis was bent. It went back to Crown for a factory check and chassis repair. The drop only did superficial damage to the amp. Otherwise, even after 35+ years since it was built, still specs perfectly. My son loves it! I wonder if it would work under water, maybe as a boat anchor????