can i improve my system with a better cd player?

I upgraded just about everything except my cd player. I just use my old sony dvp s7000 as my cd player. In the past I thought all cd player were the same until yesterday when I tried using my ps3 as the player. I instantly heard a big difference. Now I'm thinking I can actually improve my sound by buying a new player can someone recommend something under 500 buciks? I like buying used since my system is dated itself but it still sounds decent to me.
monterey
I'd choose some great universal DAC with 24-bit capability and USB vs. CD player that will be outdated and loose its value speedlight fast.
Check out the new Grace M903 with USB, 24-bit, headphone amp and preamp.
I'm not sure which machine is doing the decoding, either the sony S700 or the yamaha dsp-a1 but yes the sony is connected to the yamaha and then to the b&k amp.
stands for digital to audio convertor. turns digital data into analogue so your preamp/amp/speakers can make music. they are in cd/dvd/ipods/computers et al. usually they are less than wonderful so in the last decade many companies have been making better stand alone units for audiophiles. for a more definitive answer go to wickipedia. hope that helps
OK now i'm really confused. I read about the digital to analog conversion. So how I do I tell which of my two machines is doing the converting? Is it the sony or the Yamaha? I connected the sony to the yamaha via a toslink cable. With this said, can I benefit now if I buy a new cd player??