When to get your amp up graded caps ???

I have a Mac 2250 that was purchased from AudioClassics justover two years ago and everything is good with the amp.. but it was made back in the mid 80s...How can you tell if some of that "stuff" on the inside needs updating?
Thanks Don
keslerd
Post removed 
" I plan on the same for my Bryston. 20 years? No problem."

That's funny Liz, not the fact I expected you to think that way and did not need a response to confirm it. It is funny due to the fact I just bought a pair of Bryston PP 300's that were sent back prior to me buying them and biased and spect to new, you know those nice personalized spec sheets that come with the Bryston's showing test results. And they were not close to ten years old.
I noticed on this site when sellers take the time to do this with a piece of gear it usually sells faster with the knowledge of knowing it is truly 100% and backed up by the manufacturer.

To each his own and comfort isn't always southern.

Cheers
The above post fails to mention how out of balance and spec the amps were in the first place, but if Bryston does this free of charge (for 20 years...very cool) I suppose nobody cares. It seems that often it costs so much to upgrade everything or "spec to new" that the seller loses money on the deal. To "upgrade" my Forte' 55 the cost is about $500 from Soderberg...a fair price but more that double what I paid for it, and could I sell it then for $1100? No...but I might upgrade it anyway when it seems (to ME)to need it, because that's what we do...
3." Your willing to and can afford the investment compared to selling it and adding the cost of upgrading towards something more current"

"but I might upgrade it anyway when it seems (to ME)to need it, because that's what we do..."

Bingo
Filter caps last between 10-15 years. Life span is a function of the quality of the cap,(some are better then others), the ambient temperature surrounding the cap,( high temps. will lessen cap life, and how long the caps are left idle. Generally speaking, leaving an amp on all the time gives the filter caps an easier time of it. In most cases that's just not feasible. If you like the product, and want to make a nice improvement, especially in bottom end performance, replace the caps.