is finding a good a/v preamp/amp asking too much?

In a former life I worked for Bose and have recently decided to get back in the game and purchase a new system. My question is this (I apologize for the ignorance)-In a perfect world, I would like to buy an preamp/amp combo that can serve both as a surround system and serve as a decent audio base. I'm planning on buying either Maggie 1.7's or MG-12's and am buying an Exemplar BDP-83 Universal player that I found on this site.My budget is approx $2000 and my preference is tube, but I'm guessing that's not possible. I also have no aversion to buying used, probably prefer in order to get more bang for my buck. Any help/advice at all is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance...
lensteve
For 2k you are pretty much out of luck on a new surround pre/pro/amp that is also OK for music. The only set I can think of is from Marantz, but runs $2.5k plus new. For you budget, you might look into 2 channel - lots of great choices if you go the integrated amp route.

There is the budget Emotiva stuff, and, while I have not heard it, I'd be inclined to think it's budget (you get what you pay for).

Alternatively, the NAD T765HD2 is priced right for you, (I have one for HT only) and is a very musical HT receiver.
Thanks Meiwan...I had a feeling this would be nearly an impossible task. I did look up the NAD you suggested and it certainly looks intriguing, thanks.
Post removed 
Thanks Bob. Is there pitfalls to running a solid state pre-amp with a tube power amp?