Magnepan 1.7 too bright, HELP

I just bought a used 6 month old Magnepan 1.7 and hooked them to my old system, which consists on a Deonon 2900 Universal player, Emotiva USP Preamp and Rotel 1080 power amp and use anticables for speaker connections, and monster cables for interconnects.

The sound is too bright for me, I used the provide 1 ohm resisters, still too bright, any recommendations.
bnrimal
Yeah, I think it all depends on the system synergy. I've become a total advocate for tube-pre, and ss amp. For instance, my office system is a Cambridge Soundworks Model 12 for amp and sub, with Gallo A'Divas for the speakers. It was very involving, but a bit too revealing for my taste.

I added the 283 tube buffer, and all I can say is that the sound is so satisfying now, that this will likely be my permanent office setup.

I bought the 283 MKII for my main system, and I've done an A/B comparison, and for my system it works wonders. I'm actually about to order the new $300 tubes from Psvane for it.

Having said that...once I buy a new preamp and class D amps for the main system, it may no longer make enough difference. Time will tell. :-)

Mot
Hi, have been playing with speaker positions and working on the room, sold the Denon and bought a Marantz DV9500 on Ebay and added a 2 ohm resistor. Overall the sound is warmer but not quite what I want yet. My old speakers with POLK LSi 15.
You can try repacing every component in your system like i did and after years of doing so never be copletely happy with the maggies. look how music is recorded sound wise .The main thing is the room in recording studios. Have you ever seen a music hall that the room was not treated . It is such an important aspect in hearing music and sound. Treat the room . It will amaze you like nothing else .Forget switching this cable, that amp, this dac ,that pramp for now and get some bass traps ! Yes bass traps will improve the highs !
Okay - the W4S SX1000 and STP SE have arrived and been listened to for about ten hours - maybe 12 different CD's - mostly jazz and acoustic rock.

Initial impressions:
Yes, Maggies love power. They sound a lot better. The sound is generally fully and much more palpable at higher volume. I have played as high as 40 which keeps the STP in passive mode (threshold to active is 60). Not sure that I needed the 1000 versus 500, but if the wife is going to yell I figured I might as well make it worth it!

I am hearing much more detail such as different voices in harmonies and better resolution of instruments in a mix.

The depth of the sound stage has improved because I can hear much more front to back.

I was not sure about the bass at first. Then I remembered Magfan saying to tweak with what you have. I started moving the Maggies in one inch increments and improved the bass in fullness and texture. I would have never thought that two different amps would require respositioning the speakers but I believe it now!