Musical Fidelity A5, Simaudio I-5 or Krell s300i

I posted a few days ago and I think I ended up answering my own question. I'm in the market for an integrated amp with some decent power (~100W) to power my Vandersteen 2Ci's. I have acurus separates now and compared to my friend's NAD c356bee they sound terrible, very flat and not engaging.

I'm looking for a piece up to about ~$1,500 used and I already see a decent amount of well liked gear. I'd like to stick with good, recognized, solid name brands that will afford me the ability to sell the piece of I don't like the sound, as I won't be able to audition before I buy.

My room is fairly well treated, and is 12' x 11'. I listen to vinyl on a Rega P1 through a Bellari VP129 tube phono pre, and my main digital source is an Asus Xonar Essence ST PCI sound card playing 24/96 flac rips although I also have an acurus cd player that rarely gets used. I listen to 80's and 90's rock/alternative and folk/country, with some electronic music sprinkled in, and occasionally some classic rock.

I'm considering the Musical Fidelity A5, the Simaudio Moon i5, and the Krell s300i. From what I can tell it's hard to go wrong with either, and they all seem to be within my budget used. I've read the Krell can be unemotional or boring. I'm leaning towards the Musical Fidelity but wanted to know if there were any other integrateds in this range from other brands I've yet to consider, naim, rogue audio (although a tubed power amp right now doesn't seem like a good fit for me in terms of uptime), bel canto, or other models within these manufacturers lines I should consider? Again, I'm mostly looking at mainstream, SS manufacturers that have enough power to give me good, accurate, taut bass from my Vandersteen's 2Ci's 10", and open, airy, high resolution in the mids/highs without being harsh or bright. I'd like to move to Thiel CS3.6's or so some day, but either way I'll need something with enough power to drive 86 - 88db, 6 - 8ohm loads.

Thanks for any direction you guys can point me in.
fargel
''I'm familiar with the Ayre. A local dealer *raves* about that piece''

I am absolutely, positively Triple-Teflon insulated and fully immune to ANY dealer Raving about ANY piece of gear that he is selling, especially those who cannot find even a simple quality in other units they are not selling. Sorry, I've seen this way to often.
The Ayre is very fine, but I don't believe it is Class A as previously stated, if it were, it would very likely be more the sufficient power to drive the Vandies to very, very loud levels - in fact, I would expect the same from A/B power, especially in your size room.
I auditioned both at home and enjoyed the A5 much more than the S300i. It was far quieter and more resolving without being "bright" (unless the recording is that way). I have not heard the A308 or the Simaudio.
The A5's a great piece...Full bodied sound never forward, NOT solid-statey, Non-fatguing...oodles of power. I think you already know your answer...
I second the opinion that 308 is a much better amp than the A5. The new MF M5 is olso very nice, although definately on the warm side (for may it may too much of a good thing).

I wouldn't wirte off the S300i - IMO this the best amp of the lot, you can get one used for as little as $1600, and if you do not like it - sell it with no loss within a week or so.