Best M8080 NOS tube for CJ preamp line stage?

Starting to get into some tube research, having recently replaced the tubes in my CJ pre-amp. I am still using the stock M8080 for the line stage, but am interested in upgrading with a pair of matched NOS, maybe Mullard or RCA. Suggestions?
sabocat59
Hi Sabocat,I also have a cj phono.Tea2 upgraded to se.Came with Russian mullard 12ax7's.Have tried nos Siemen tubes but have gone back to mullard's.Getting back to your cj classic pre.As your origional tubes aged did you experience more tube rush in the left or right channels or was the tube rush noise even between the two.Dave.
Update--Just got my CJ MF2250 modded out by Bob and Gary over at Sound Dezign. They replaced the caps, resistors, and power supply for around $360.00, as opposed to the official CJ "A" upgrade which now runs for $650. It will be shipped out today and Bob says it sounds VERY VERY good. will probably get my PV-15 pre modded as well at some point later this year, lol.
Well, first listen, the new parts have not even begun to break in yet, and I have to say the results are outstanding. More detailed midrange, highs are silkier, and the bass is much tighter. Kudos to Bob and Gary. Anyone out there with a CJ MF2250 or 2500 send it to these guys for the upgrade and save some cash.
time for another replacement and this time I will try some cheaper nos RCA tubes just to see how they sound.

Since the last discussion, I sold my CJ mf2250 for a JWN 90w per channel tube amp, upgraded from the rega dac to a Neko, and added a mac mini to my set up.