Tube Research Labs Dude vs. Shindo Labs preamps

I am in the market to look for a tube preamp. I have narrow down my choices to Tube Research Labs Dude and a comparable price Shindo Labs.

Can anybody provide me your experience to help me to make a better decision? Better yet, have anybody compared them side by side before?

Thank!
tthean
cdente:

I cannot take a guess because without the other party being able to repond there is no way to determine who is right and wrong. The problems that you mentioned do not sound too serious to me. The grounding problem is very common and can be fixed easily. The tube could be just bad luck, additional costs to ship and additional cost to fix are obviously going to incur if you showed it to someone else. You seemed to be pissed. So what is the objective here? Bash TRL or find a solution?

I cannot take a guess because without the other party being able to repond there is no way to determine who is right and wrong.

How is the other party not able to respond?
It seems that there are three very happy Dude owners.I wonder why they attack another owner that is not happy with the fit and finish of the unit he received.
If the unit cant be closed and new tubes are defective why weren't these things corrected by TRL.
Look at my original post on this thread. That was my objective here. Mission accomplished. If you would read the post you can answer your own question on my plan to solve my remaining problem with the Dude. TRL took two cracks at attempting fixing it. Guess its not that easy after all.
I'm going to get a measurements all the original tubes provided by TRL that I pulled just for a sanity check. The original output tubes were a disappointment rather than problems and TRL did provide me with a second pair early on in the debugging process.