Is the Phile sound an Aquired taste.

Is the SET sound, one that needs to be developed to be appreciated?
Some of us prefer the purist triode SET sound. I chose amps that run in parallel push pull mode. I find it richer, fuller and more dynamic, than the Phile SET sonic. For me it is a naturally compelling. It is as if it was there is a loudness compensator providing more bass and midbass which is turned on. Some might say that such sound is euphonic and has coloration. Do you agree that there is an audiophile sonic and if so is it naturally preferable or has to be aquired ?
mechans
Phile this! I just love music and the better it sound the more I want to listen. Audiophiles are more into the equipment than the music!
Yes there is an audiophile sonic and yes most people do not posses it. It takes years of listening and much dissatisfaction with equipment to achieve what I like to call the highest level of listening pleasure. Not many of us out there who attain that level. I myself have spent many hours in therapy trying to go beyond just enjoying music and transcending all that encompasses in search of more detail not to mention more bass.

Be patient and if the audiophile gods are kind to you and when you have exhausted your loan on your second mortgage you to may achieve the great heights of "audiophiledom"

All the best
I think the taste is a natural occurance within us. For some it's cars, golf, etc., but for us music. The "phile" in us grows as we develop a deeper appreciation for the quality in which we pursue the passion.
It is all dependent on the interaction between your speakers and your amp. If your speaker is sensitive enough these amplifier trade offs are less important.

Each amplifier type has its own sound, but much of this is dictated by the speaker it is attached to.

So I would say the answer is no. You just need the right gear to make it work properly.