Jeff Rowland Synergy IIi versus Capri and Corus?

I currently have a Jeff Rowland Synergy IIi Preamp. I was wondering how it compares to the newer Capri and Corus Preamp.

Any thoughts on whether it is worthwhile to save up money to upgrade to either of these units...? Some have claimed that the relatively inexpensive Capri has bested preamps 2 or 3 times more expensive... Tks!
optimus
I posted this elsewhere: As compared to the Synergy, the Corus is more transparent, quieter, images more precisely and has deeper cleaner bass.
I really enjoyed the Synergy IIi which was I felt was very musical despite being fairly neutral. In retrospect I think the Synergy emphasized the mid-bass a bit as compared to the Corus which simply goes deeper without undue emphasis anywhere across the frequency range.
One caveat is the long run-in time – 1000+ hours – I was concerned when I initially plugged the Corus in and it sounded a bit “off”. See the helpful JDRG Knowledgebase for “break-in”.
If there is one word the sums up the sound of the Corus to me it is “holographic” – in terms of providing precise 3D images that surprises by revealing the normally hidden music nuances.
BTW, the design of Corus is virtually the same as the Criterion except for the absence of battery power supply.
Tks Mark! I currently have Rowland 201s and Thiel 2.4's, with the Synergy IIi. (I see you have Cambridge 840W monos.)

Just curious... do you think I'd be better off upgrading the preamp side of my system (Synergy IIi) or the amp side first?
The Rowland 625 looks pretty interesting...

I know this is sometimes pretty system dependent.
But it seems like you got a pretty big improvement from the Corus preamp alone. Appreciate your thoughts.
I'll recommend you go with the Rowland 625 upgrade. I've owned the 201, 501 + PC1 and now the 625; all the time keeping the Synergy IIi. You will find improved low's, definitely better resolution and detail moving upwards the chain. I'm not sure if its an upgrade if you go with the Capri preamp, my dealer when I enquired about the Capri recommended that I stay with the Synergy IIi. Have a listen at your dealer or better still get a home trial, quite an investment so trust your ears.