Preamp modifications - who would you use?

I am looking for a company or individual who performs equipment modifications to take a look at a preamp I own and recommend (and implement) parts improvements and or modifications to squeeze out the last bit of sonic performance. I would like to talk with someone who is well regarded not only for the quality of their work but also for their customer service, and who has enough experience and expertise to assess each piece on an individual basis, and not simply apply the same bag of tricks to everything they touch. Based on things I have read, folks that come to mind are Kyle Takenaga at RAM, Bill Thalman at Music Technology, and Chris Johnson at Partsconnexion. I would be interested in other recommendations. Thanks.
mitch2
Post removed 
If you have a McCormack preamp then I would recommend SMc Audio. Kris Jeter and Steve McCormack are gentlemen that believe in great customer service and their mods to McCormack gear are high quality and praised by a lot of audiohiles for wonderful sound.
I've met Kyle, he seems like a nice guy.

But, knowing the man well and hearing his work through various people I know, I can wholeheartedly recommend Bob Backert of RHB Sound Designs, in the Philadelphia, PA area.
Vinyl Renaissance

10922 Shawnee Mission Pkwy

Shawnee, KS 66203

I think these guys are great and very fast. My prime choice for upgrades and/or repairs.

Chris Johnson has done some great work but shipping to CA is a pain in the butt and expensive.
John Tucker at Exemplar Audio is very well respected. He is quite busy and may take WAY too long.
Mitch Singerman at Head Fi is another quality choice but again quite busy.