top 5 preamps under $1,200

I am shopping for a newly - used preamp to pair with my B&K ST202 sonata amp and Alon II speakers. I mostly use my Jolida CD player. Love the open, live performance improvement the Jolida made to my system. Yes, I also currently use a B&K ST10pro MC pre-amp. I am searching for another pre-amp to further increase the soundstage, "live - performance" sound.. I have a short list- audible illusion 3m, Rogue 99 magnum..... Are there others??
dvdgreco
Innersound $1200 here on Agon,makes me wonder if people even look at the ads for how long some products sit for sale
Used Bel Canto Pre3. I've tried to replace mine twice, won't do it again. So simple to use and really it's like it's not even there as the volume rises or lowers.
I've seen audilble illusions module 3 and/ rogue 99 go for $800, which is better? Is it value added to spend $300 more on VTL?
Mapletree 2A os first rate. Tube regulated power supply in a separate chassis, point-to-point, and 6sn7 or 12sn7 (cheaper NOS)with the flip of a switch. Previously owned CAT, Lamm, ARC, Dodd, and Joule - all wonderful, but this little preamp, $800 with blackgate filter capacitor upgrade should not be dismissed because it is not $5-8K; it will suprise the heck out of you...

But for me the best preamp, at any price is the $450 Lightspeed Attenuator - limited to 1 input/output, and you need to basically use tube amps fpr high input impedance, but it is the best I have heard for my taste.