Magnum Dynalab 308 drive Magnepan 1.7 or 3.6?

I own a Magnum Dynalab 308 integrated amp (currently being repaired). It states it is 160 watt into 4 ohm. I would like to buy a pair of Maggies. I hear my amp would be fine driving the 1.7s. But maybe not the 3.6s.

I do have a large living/dining combo room that these will be in, wood floors...

Any thoughts? Thanks
ctunney
The Maggies do need space behind the to work properly. I have tried everything from 2 to 5 feet from the back wall. I have settled on 4 feet.

One very cool but not anticipated benefit of the 1.7s is that I am listening much more at lower levels due to the 1.7s incredible detail. This keeps my amp in Class A mode (under 10 watts). This also provides more opportunities to listen without disturbing the family.

My 1.7s get VERY loud with my BADA 190 watt amp.
Another couple considerations for Ctunney::
Except for the 20.1 which is push / pull, Maggies are not the same front and back.
I personally prefer 'backwards' and listen to the pole piece side NOT the mylar side. Magnepan made the switch some years ago, probably because people liked the hotter (IMO) presentation. My 1.6s came with a resistor to lower the HF level, if I preferred.
Also, you can place them tweeters 'in' or 'out'.
So, If you get panels, you'll have some experimentation to do.
I'm not a fan of the sideways setup. Others apparently are. My speakers are about 65" apart, inside edge to inside edge and are toed in about 11 degrees.
Once I did the detail setup, I measured so I could put them back exactly.

Try to make compromises so you CAN get at least 3' behind the speaker. This is one of the things that everyone agrees on. Toe in is the other. NEVER straight to a wall.
Ctunney,

I own a pair of 1.7's and drive them with a Krell 300s at 300 wpc into 4 ohms.

The Krell was a remarkable improvement over my old Mac MA6300 at 160 wpc into 4 ohms.

To my ear, the upgrade resulted in more dynamics and more detail.
Just as an FYI, the Magnum Dynalab integrateds and receivers were built and/or designed by Simaudio. MD did the tuner section, but not sure about who did what else.

Not sure if yours is a rebadged Simaudio integrated or not, nor which Sim it would be if it was.

I say all this because if you can determine what the comparable Simaudio integrated is, you may get a lot more people who have experience with the pairing.
I drive MG 1.7s with a Musical Concepts modded Hafler DH-200 in a room thats about 25x 24... 100 watts per channel into 8 ohms. About the only thing that taxes that amount of power so far is the Telarc SACD of the 1812 overture with cannons.