Buy new integrated or vintage?

Hi Group,
Hoping to get a few thoughts on the buying of new or "vintage gear". Newcomer here so apologies if this is a haggard question. I have been looking for over a year now for a well built 2 channel integrated and have even sent a few back that I have been dissapointed with. Looking in the under a grand range. Its amazing that I keep getting side tracked into older used gear because it looks so much better built. I am coming from a 25 year old Sony ES integrated which has been an amazing value and trouble free. Should I replace filter caps and a cranky Alps "blue" pot and call it a day? I would appreciate any thoughts from those who have waffled over this situation.
Thanks, Smitty
smitty101
"I do a lot of research and then impulse buy when good deals and finances align."

Me too. I knew that I should have patented it.
Funny, so do I. I spend all that time investigating the object and then, still torture myself about the purchase!
I have a sony 500ES and just put it up on the bench,noisy selector and phono switch.I looked real close and got some deoxit faderlube and gold sprayed in,trouble gone,nice and quiet.As for sound quality according to mine you would do better getting another amp,that's comparing it to my yamaha 3090 and bryston B100.But my 500ES has MC and MM phono input and a lot of cool features.I've been using it on my economy rack.My bryston is a whole new world but the price.I really don't need my Es anymore and am thinking of selling it,it's a well built unit.
Michael Gill (North American distributor for Arte Forma) is shipping one of the lightspeed version I-150 "Susan" integrated amps to me (should arrive 1/24/11). I'll be posting impressions on Audio Circle.
Does the I-150 "Susan" integrated have input select on the remote or just volume control?