Downsizing from Ayre MX-R monoblocks

I am looking to downsize from my previous amps, the wonderful Ayre MX-R monoblocks to an integrated amp. I want something that has the same quality and sound as the Ayre. I know the Ax-7e is an option but to be totally honest, I am not too keen on its looks. In terms of price, I would like to stay at $5K or less used. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
128x128tboooe
A good friend & audio bud bought a pair of Sonus Faber Electa Amator II's almost 4 yrs. ago & wound up making them part of his main system, replacing Aerial 10T's.

He started out w/a BAT combo which sounded great but moved around the gear from his other system and currently is running a big MAC SS amp & Hovland preamp. Although I haven't heard this latest iteration (he moved out of state), we both have very similar tastes when it comes to the overall sound we're trying to achieve. This combo has proven to be the best so far, beating out Pass 350, Blue Circle Despina, First Sound Presence Deluxe mkll & a BC amp that burned up (reason unknown).
How about the Audio Research DSi200, it has recieved some goor reviews and from what I have heard of it in my dealers system, it sounds pretty damn good. Not sure about the synergy with Sonus Faber but it sounds great with Wilson Sophias and Vandersteen Quattros. Just a thought.
The Edge G3 is one of my favorite SS integrateds. Really floated images nicely particularly vocals, though I do not have first hand knowledge of synergy with Sonus Faber. I used with Mini Utopias with great success but ultimately preferred tubes, but great none the less. Good luck.
Good Luck with that!
;-)

Personally, I think you're going to have to make some major compromises on the sound. You're going from 300 wpc, $19K power amp monoblocks, which were combined with a $9K preamp, (for a combined total of $27K), down to a $5K integrated amp? And given the rarified air, (no pun intended), that the Ayre MX-R amps are at, (the reviews are nothing less than glowing from all reviewers!), I think you're going to need to heed some of the above advice and realize that you are not going to be as happy with anything else. If you can find any way of keeping them, I think your should, (even if that means finding something else to sell, such as a car, or stocks, or a kid or two! I am kidding, (again, no pun intended), on that last one!)

Good Luck and let us know what you decide to do!
Sounds like you already sold the the MX-R amps?

I have sold alot of gear of which I now look back on and think what a DA I was. You to can look back at this thread and think the same thoughts that I have had. WTHWIT! Intergrated amp?