ARC VSi60 vs Ayon Spirit II/III

My experiment is over, and I officially miss the valve (no offense to friends of Solid State. Most of the rest of my world is SS).

Currently have a Krell S-300i, and am looking to move into a Tube Integrated. Used to have a McCormack DNA-50 & ARC SP9 MKII, then decided to save space, and moved to an SS integrated. Space saving remains in play. No capital outlay until January, but am doing the research now, and am soliciting opinions here, at the "Oracle".

And so the quandary: ARC VSi60 vs Ayon Spirit II/III.
A show of hands...please.
Here's my rig:
http://cgim.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/vs_user.pl?vopin&1262375142

As always, any and all opinions/suggestions/rants are appreciated.

neutron
Charles1dad,

It sure is! My friend got his Spirit-1 with Gold Lion KT88 tubes for a few hundred less than that, but I think it's a great price for a Spirit-2 with Gold Lion KT88s. I'd drive a couple of days to get it.
If your budget means going with a used Spirit II, I'd jump on a used unit at the price offered for the unit listed currently, if the local pickup works for you.

I'd be making the trip to NYC if I could justify two units!
I'm late to the party, here, but I'm very interested in the Spirit III and other Ayon amps. I think it's important to note that a big feature of the III is that it comes with Shuguang Black Treasure KT88s. I'm led to believe by a few references that the Black Treasures are a big step up. On the importer website, grantfidelity.com, Grade A Black Treasure KT88s are listed at $480 per quad set! I believe there are other upgrades in the Spirit III, as well. If in doubt, call the U.S. distributor, ayonaudiousa.com !! Nothing like first-hand information. The III also can use KT120s...don't know anything about them. I presently use an Art Audio Diavolo SET with 842VHD output tubes, a superb amp.
Hi Folks,

Quick unproductive update. I was traveling on 09 March, and completely missed the Spirit II that sold. I imagine it was gobbled up rather quickly. For reference purposes, did anyone catch what price it sold for?

In looking for ways to avoid missing future opportunities, does anyone know if A'gon has a facility that sends alerts to members (i.e. an email or text alert, when an Ayon amp is posted)?

As always, many thanks.
I just swapped in a quad of Black Treasure KT88s into my Spirit 2 (prior Gold Lion Reissues) - 1st impressions, the Treasures are a musical step up , more detail and resolution to my ears